As many of the people join engineering either it’s B.E or B.Tech, but you can see lot of people who has completed their engineering and looking for proper career guidance. If some one has completed their B.Tech whether it’s from any stream Mechanical Engineering stream, Civil Engineering stream, Electronics or Electricals Engineering stream, Computer Science or IT Engineering stream, Petroleum Engineering stream or any other streams should have proper career guidance or counselling to move on to next level. Here we will try our best to show you the options which will be available to you after you complete your B.Tech degree or engineering.
Brief Information about B.Tech:
B.Tech is a Bachelor degree in which you get admission through the entrance exam or directly by management but there are lot of students who has no knowledge about their field and mainly it because of so many reasons. One of the factor is college also and another factor is student itself which may let him face difficulty later for getting a job. Best it’s not about job it’s fortune. B.Tech Engineer is a 4 year course where students learn a lot of things.
What To Do After B.Tech? MS, M.Tech, MBA Or Job
Options Available after B.Tech
- Post Graduation
- Job or Own business
1. PG – Post Graduation:
Let’s explore these options much deeper! Post Graduation is a degree after your graduation, it’s usually a degree of 2 years. These are options available to you to do after your B.Tech. You have to qualify or crack any of the entrance exams to continue to M.Tech, M.S and MBA and there might be some colleges who offer management directly seats without entrance exam.
- M.Tech (Master of Technology)
- MS (Master of Science)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Or Any Other Post Graduation
|M.S||MBA||Other PG Degree|
GATE or PGECET or any Other State Level Entrance Exam
|IELTS or GRE or GMAT or TOEFL or TSE or SAT||CAT (Most Popular) or IRMA or IIFT or MAT or CMAT or any state level entrance exam or National Entrance. Exams like CUSAT, MAH-CET, KMAT etc||
Other Entrance Exams or No Entrance Exam, Example: M.Sc
- M.Tech: If you go with M.Tech (2 years course) you will have opportunity for a Master’s degree as well as you can go in teaching field also and you may see there are lot of teacher who has M.Tech qualification in engineering or you can move on to other good job opportunities.
- MS: It’s usually done in other countries like US or Australia etc. It’s usually a 2 years course, You can take coaching to Crack these entrance exams and pay online fee to write exams and be ready with passport and all other requirements etc. This degree may be much valuable but this will cost you some money to get coaching, to get your passport, flight tickets, VISA, college semester fees, accommodation & expenses etc. Telangana government overseas scholarship for students, Check out more Here.
- MBA: You can do Masters in Business Administration from any good college and it’s also a two year course and usually B.Com graduates also prefer to do MBA after their graduation, after your MBA you can search for good jobs in the field as you will have a Master’s degree.
- Other PG: You may also prefer for other post graduation degree which may not require entrance exam or which will allow you to do so like M.Sc etc. But the most popular options are listed above.
2. Job or Own Business:
Jobs has been classified into three types and may have other types also but we are discussing the most here. Do Check: An Open Letter To P.M Narendra Modi From Engineers
- Service Oriented Jobs: These are the jobs for those who are not specialized in field (for CSE students I may say the students who didn’t do any courses), this may also include BPO, KPO type of jobs also. Their pay scale is low which is around 10k to 20k. You have to work around 8-10 hours for the company. The Service oriented job providing companies will hire students from all fields or branches like Civil, Mechanical, CSE, ECE, EEE, EIE, PET, etc. and selection procedure also is weird kind of procedure.
- Product Oriented Jobs: I could say these jobs are far much better than SO Jobs as said above, these people only hire candidates from CSE or IT (only field related) with technical knowledge. They hire students from Campus placements from good colleges. A person directly can’t attend this job interview, but that person has to get a call, or he/she shall be selected from the College. I could say the pay scale is very high here around 30k to 100k. But in big companies, it starts from very high range. But you must have knowledge about the subject or language like C++, Java (what they want) to get selected in this kind of companies.
- Government Jobs: As you know there are lot of posts for government exams, but the competition is very high because in the recent Indian railways exam which is called as ‘RRB NTPC Exam’, there were around 1800 posts, but there were around 80 lakh candidates appeared and the results to be announced. You can also try in government schools, government colleges, banks for any good government sector. The pay scale for this jobs will be better, but selection is quite tough.
- Other Jobs: You may also prefer other jobs which you would like to do. Some people fed up, and they continue to do Data Entry jobs also, there are a lot of another kind of good job options which are available for you to do, but what I suggest you to do a good job which satisfies you. Few joins as a ‘Lab assistant’ engineering colleges and few on other posts, so choose the best one! The selection in these type of jobs may be easy but pay scale or salary will be low, for a full-time data entry operator with good typing skills (9 am to 6 pm) fresher may be paid around 10k.
Own Business: I think this will be the best option if you have investment, you can also go for a good business or if your father have a good business and you continue with him. As you know options stated above, if you don’t like any options above you can continue your own business. Telangana government also offering the Overseas scholarships, you can learn more about that Here.
Must Read: You must do a good course which is much valuable in your field whether it’s mechanical, civil, computer science, electronics, etc., or you shall be perfect or have good knowledge or grip in the languages like Java, etc. This will fetch you a good job. Always there are a lot of options available in front of you to choose. And if you are pursuing engineering I would suggest you to complete extra courses (field related, for CSE like Java or C++ or .NET or Software/Hardware Testing Tool (QTP and others) before your completion of Engineering as we can see lot of B.Tech passouts searching for good courses at Ameerpet and other places in Hyderabad. So you can do it before completion of B.Tech. If you have any doubts regarding studies or job you can comment over here. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and do Subscribe us for latest updates.