Important Topics to Prepare for IBPS PO Prelims 2016: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts exams every year for the selection of Probationary Officer (PO) for recruitment in banks. PO is one of the topmost posts in banking sector. The selection program for this post has 3 stages.
A preliminary exam is a primary step, after qualifying this student can appear for the main exam. Hence, this is an important step. In this article we will know how to prepare for these prelims, know the subjects and details, learn the exam strategy and also learn few tips and tricks, do’s and dont’s.
What is IBPS PO Prelims
IBPS PO Prelims is an objective question paper consisting of 100 questions. The target is 100 marks and the time duration is 1 hour. The questions would be from 3 subjects Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and English Language. All the 3 subjects have their own value and importance. The marks divided for each subject is given in the table below for IBPS PO prelims examination.
Each subject has various major topics. There is a minimum overall score that has to be achieved to qualify this exam. There is also minimum cut-off for each individual subject. There is negative marking as well. For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
The IBPS PO Syllabus of all the 3 subjects will be discussed. Starting with English, the major topics to be covered are Fill in the Blanks, Reading Comprehension, phrases and idioms, Spotting Error Questions, Sentence Improvement and Para Jumbles etc. In Reasoning Ability, the important topics are alphanumeric series, Substitution coding and decoding, Syllogism, Sitting/Seating arrangement and pattern, Mathematical Inequalities, Ranking, scheduling, Blood relation, Puzzle etc.
The important topics in Quantitative Aptitude are Data interpretation, Speed, time and distance, Percentage, Number series, Simple and compound Interest, Profit and loss, Average, Permutations and combinations, Probability, Time and work, Simplification, Data sufficiency, Quadratic equation and Mensuration.
Tips to prepare for IBPS PO Prelims
- Time management is the basic key factor as there will be 3 sections on the question paper. First, attempt the easier section and then divide time for the other two sections
- Allow reasonable time frame to each section and try to solve the questions that are easy. Do not waste time on difficult questions
- Accuracy is another important trick. Do not answer any question if you are not sure about
- Speed plays a vital role in this exam as we have 100 questions and 60 minutes only. Practice speeding up your calculations
- Revision is very important after finishing each topic or chapter. Keep revising what you learn every week
- Use the appropriate study material. Books are the best preparation material. Refer books that are important
- Learn tricks and shortcuts that are helpful
- Always make notes of important topics, points, formulas, tricks etc., for last minute revision
- Solve as many mock tests, sample papers or previous year papers as possible. This will not only help to practice writing the exam but also improve speed and accuracy.
Interested and eligible candidates required to fill online form of IBPS PO / MT CWE 2016 via visiting Official website of IBPS. How to fill Online Application Form details read carefully then submit the Application form before the Last date.